All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to explore ways of conceptualizing Germany's ongoing energy transition. Although widely acclaimed in policy and research circles worldwide, the Energiewende is poorly understood in terms of social science scholarship. There is an urgent need to delve beyond descriptive accounts of policy implementation and contestation in order to unpack the deeper issues at play in what has been termed a 'grand societal transformation.' The authors approach this in three ways: First, they select and characterize conceptual approaches suited to interpreting the reordering of institutional arrangements, socio-material configurations, power relations and spatial structures of energy systems in Germany and beyond. Second, they assess the value of these concepts in describing and explaining energy transitions, pinpointing their relative strengths and weaknesses and exploring areas of complementarity and incompatibility. Third, they illustrate how these concepts can be applied - individually and in combination - to enrich empirical research of Germany's energy transition.
- Author BiographyLudger Gailing is deputy head of the research department of Institutional Change and Regional Public Goods at the Leibniz Institute for Research on Society and Space (IRS), Germany. In his work he draws on concepts relating to governance and institutional theories, constructivist perspectives on space and place, governmentality and socio-materiality. Current research foci include energy transitions and landscape policies. Timothy Moss is head of the research department of Institutional Change and Regional Public Goods at the Leibniz Institute for Research on Society and Space (IRS), Germany. His research interests span the governance of urban infrastructures past and present, the spatial organization of water and energy and the institutional dynamics of resource use in cities and regions.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight344 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byLudger Gailing,Timothy Moss
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.