All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you've ever wanted to take dynamic and vibrant digital photos of your favorite band in concert, but aren't sure how to tackle such obstacles as approaching the stage, tricky lighting situations, or even what equipment to use, then look further! Concert and Live Music Photography is a comprehensive guide to shooting live music performances, providing you with the right information on equipment, camera settings, composition, and post-processing to get the best out of each performance shot. J. Dennis Thomas, whose work has appeared in such magazines as Rolling Stone, SPIN, and Country Weekly, shares tips on lighting, common problems, etiquette, and recommended camera settings for shooting in a variety of different venues, including clubs, bars, outdoor concerts, theatres, stadiums, and arenas. He also explains how to get the right credentials to get you closer to each performance. Jam packed with over 160 photos from today's top concerts, this book will t only give you the information you need to start taking rockin' photos of your favorite musicians, but will spark your creativity when you're anticipating the next shot. For the on-the-go photographer, a cool companion website features additional tips, venue troubleshooting, and an equipment checklist when you need to think on your feet while running to ather gig.
- Author BiographyJ. Dennis Thomas is a professional photographer and author based in the Live Music Capital of the World , Austin, TX. He has written more than a dozen highly successful books for the Wiley Publishing Digital Field Guide series as well as articles in many different areas of photographic technique. Dennis writes the popular J. Dennis Thomas Digital Field Guide Companion blog (http://deadsailorproductions.com) as well as the equally popular Austin Live! (http://austin-live-music.com), and Capturing Better Photos and Video with your iPhone (http://betteriphonephotos.blogspot.com/). J. Dennis Thomas has been photographing bands and concerts since the early 90's. He is represented by Corbis Images and his live music work has been featured in print in such magazines as Rolling Stone, SPIN, Country Music Weekly, among others. He has also contributed photography to many books such as Thomas H. Greer's Rock Shrines and Photos That Inspire: Photo Workshop by Lynne Eodice. Dennis' entertainment and celebrity photos have also been featured all over the web, including rollingstone.com, MSN Wonderwall, Spinner.com, and AOL.
- Author(s)J. Dennis Thomas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note80 colour illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.