All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when Americans are debating the pros and cons of recent health care reforms, Concierge Medicine offers an alternative to save primary care medicine. Here, the author outlines an increasingly popular, though controversial, system that offers a high level of care to patients who still need and value a relationship with their personal physician. Dr. Kpe introduces concierge medicine, which encourages patients to contract directly with physicians for personalized care that is t determined by insurance coverage but rather by the patient and doctor together. For those considering an individualized health care model that can be more affordable, cost effective and straightforward, Dr. Kpe offers practical advice for finding, interviewing, and contracting with a concierge doctor.
- Author BiographySteven D. Knope, M.D., is a board-certified internist and sports medicine expert and has served as Chief of Medicine, Chairman of the Department of Medicine, and Director of the ICU in the Carondelet system in Tucson, Arizona. A pioneer in the field of concierge medicine, Dr. Knope opened one of the first concierge practices in America in December 2000 and has since received local and national media attention for his work as an uncompromising patient advocate and opponent of the HMO industry. In his fight against a local HMO, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and inventor of the cardiac defibrillator, Dr. Bernard Lown, praised Knope as courageous and deeply principled. Knope has served as the official internist for the Colorado Rockies baseball team during their spring training in Tucson and has been a member of the editorial board of The American College of Sports Medicine's Health & Fitness Journal. He is a highly regarded national speaker on the subjects of obesity, fitness and exercise, and is the author of The Body/Mind Connection.
- Author(s)Steven D. Knope
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/09/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight304 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.