All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first two editions of Concise Chemical Thermodynamics proved to be a very popular introduction to a subject many undergraduate students perceive to be difficult due to the underlying mathematics. With its concise explanations and clear examples, the text has for the past 40 years clarified for countless students one of the most complicated branches of science. Following in the tradition of its predecessors, this Third Edition continues to offer a practical, example-based exploration of a critical topic, maintaining academic rigor but eschewing complicated calculations. Updated to reflect new concerns in the 21st century, this edition w includes: * An extensive outlook on the world's current energy consumption and the role of renewable energy in the future * An example of an exothermic reaction through a discussion of the Mond process for extracting and purifying nickel * The use of Mathcad(R) to calculate a plot of Gibbs energy for a reaction mixture versus the extent of reaction * An explanation of the Lambda sensor, which reduces vehicle emissions * The use of FactSage software to calculate and describe the production of silicon in an arc (oven) furnace This latest edition re-works problems that have proven to be the most difficult for students and adds several new ones to further amplify complex areas. The book also provides an updated list of suggested readings. Keeping pace with new techlogy and the shift in emphasis to green chemistry, this volume provides an up-to-date treatment of a foundational topic.
- Author BiographyA. P. H. Peters is a senior lecturer in physical and analytical chemistry at Hogeschool Zuyd in Heerlen, The Netherlands.
- Author(s)A. P. H. Peters
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/07/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.