All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn easy-to-use single reference source covering the full range of subject areas associated with plant pathology! This comprehensive volume covers the entire field of plant pathology. It does t merely define the numerous subjects covered (297 topics carefully arranged in 38 sections!) but describes them in detail. Each section of this book serves as a comprehensive overview of a given area, providing breadth of coverage for students and depth of coverage for research professionals. In addition to providing a dictionary of plant pathological terms and a complete list of crop diseases, accepted names, synyms, and anamorphic/telemorphic names of pathogens, the Concise Encyclopedia of Plant Pathology is an essential reference for: * the latest menclature and classification of each crop bacterial pathogen * the complete listing of crop fungal pathogens, with their revised systematic position and classification of viruses into species, genera, families, and orders * classification of phytoplasmas and spiroplasmas * disease assessment, remote sensing, and digital image analysis * molecular diagstic tools, plant clinics, and forecasting models in depth * microbial pesticides * induced systemic resistance * mycorrhiza * molecular marker-assisted selection, pyramiding of genes, and durable resistance * genetic engineering and transgenic plants * in vitro selection of resistant varieties * three kingdoms containing fungal phyla and the most recent refined classification of fungal phyla based on molecular studies * bactericides and viricides * seed health testing * indexing plant-propagation materials * plant activators and plant extracts * postharvest diseases * molecular biology of host resistance * the complete list of fungicides, plus ready-formulated fungicide mixtures, classification and mode of action of fungicides, the spectrum of diseases controlled by each fungicide, a computer-based decision support system, fungicide resistance, and modern application equipment * and much, much more! With the Concise Encyclopedia of Plant Pathology you'll examine the ancient history of plant pathology; structure, menclature, and classification of fungal, bacterial, viral, and phytoplasma pathogens; parasitic protozoa, green algae, nematodes, and parasitic higher plants; disease assessment, remote sensing and digital image analysis; molecular disease diagstics; disease progress curve models and forecasting models; several vel disease management strategies; and a great deal more. This well-organized, readily accessible reference is an invaluable handbook for students, educators, and practicing plant pathologists.
- Author(s)Perumal Vidhyasekaran
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1111 g
- Width375 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.