All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinicians encounter violent patients in any treatment setting -- from private offices and medical units to psychiatric inpatient units. Written by one of the foremost experts on violence, the second edition of this concise, practical guide provides psychiatry residents, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals with vital information required to manage potentially violent patients. Considerably updated, this book contains current information on psychopharmacology and the management of violent patients, an expanded section on the safety of clinicians, and a new section on how to deal with threats of violence to the clinician. This guide will be especially useful and relevant to psychiatric residents, given the number of violent patients they encounter.
- Author BiographyKenneth Tardiff, M.D., M.P.H., is Professor of Psychiatry and Public Health at the Payne Whitney Clinic, The New York Hospital -- Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York.
- Author(s)Kenneth Tardiff
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/1996
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.