All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthors Burstein and Straus combine decades of teaching experience with concise prose, carefully curated musical examples and a robust, skill-sharpening media programme to illuminate the essential concepts of music theory.
- Author BiographyL. Poundie Burstein is Professor of Music Theory at Hunter College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He has taught at Mannes College, Queens College, and Columbia University. He has written many articles on tonal music and performed extensively as a pianist for comedy improvisation groups. He is President of the Society for Music Theory. Joseph Straus is Distinguished Professor of Music Theory at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He has taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Queens College and has held visiting positions at the University of Chicago, Harvard University, Yale University, Princeton University, and New York University. He has many written articles and books on twentieth-century music and is the author of several textbooks, including Concise Introduction to Tonal Harmony, Elements of Music, and Introduction to Post-Tonal Theory. He is a former President of the Society for Music Theory.
- Author(s)Joseph N. Straus,L. Poundie Burstein
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication13/05/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight710 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.