All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $19.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.61
- AU $14.13Trending at AU $25.88
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionThis new dictionary packs an extraordinary amount of information into a handy book that is practical, dependable, affordable, and easy to read. Based on the groundbreaking flagship dictionary of Oxford's US Dictionaries program, the New Oxford American Dictionary, this concise edition includes more than 180,000 entries and definitions, complete with pronunciations, parts of speech, syllabification, inflected forms, and derivatives. All Oxford American dictionaries use an easy-to-use respelling system to show how entries are prounced. It uses simple, familiar markings to represent common American English sounds. The Concise Oxford American Dictionary is a convenient and complete dictionary for school, work, and home. The dictionary includes Usage Notes that give helpful information on correct English; hundreds of Word Histories that provide fascinating background on the lives of words; more than 300 carefully chosen illustrations; and a handy Ready Reference section with information about weights and measures, chemical elements, U.S. states and presidents, punctuation, frequently misspelled words, and much more.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2006
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note300 line illus.
- Weight1747 g
- Width203 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byOxford Dictionaries
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.