Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Bernhard (1931-1989) has been hailed by Gabriel Josipovici as 'Austria's finest postwar writer' and by George Steiner as 'one of the masters of contemporary European fiction'. Faber Finds is proud to reissue a selection of four of Bernhard's finest vels. Concrete (1982) is a brilliant and haunting tale of procrastination, failure, and despair: the story of Rudolph, a Viennese musicologist, who neglects the work he is meant to be producing in favour of this dark and grotesquely funny account of small woes writ large, of profound horrors detailed and rehearsed to the point of distraction: from a meddling sister and a house that he hates, to an 'illness' he carefully nurses, his own very real writer's block, and an 'escape' to Majorca which brings him release from himself. Masterful...A book of mysterious dark beauty . (John Rechy, Los Angeles Times ). A masterpiece . ( New Yorker ).
- Author BiographyThomas Bernhard (1931-1989) won many of the most prestigious literary prizes in Europe, including the Austrian State Prize, the Breman and Bruchner Prizes and Le Pix Seguier. Among his novels are The Loser, Concrete, and Extinction, all of which are available in Faber Finds.
- Author(s)Thomas Bernhard
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight176 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.