All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConditional Design is the sequel to Operative Design. This book will further explore the operative in design in a more detailed, intentional, and functional manner. Spatially, the conditional is the result of the operative. Both terms work together to satisfy a formal manipulation through a set of opportunities for elements such as connections and apertures. The conditional starts with investigating t only ideas of circulation and light but also how volumes relate to the ground. These manipulations might react to an already existing condition or create a new set of conditions based on the operation and the ground plane. Operative Design presented opportunities for iteratively studying relationships. In order to further understand these volumetric studies, it is imperative to give the volumes scale along with connection between volumes, if applicable, and openings within the volumes. Again, the conditions presented are t definitive, but are meant to serve as explorations of an iterative process.
- Author BiographyAnthony di Mari: Anthony Di Mari is an adjunct professor at Northeastern University s School of Architecture where he teaches first year architecture studios and advanced representation. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies from Holy Cross before completing a Master s degree in Architecture at the Graduate School of Design (GSD) at Harvard University. Anthony s competition work has been featured online through Inhabitat, ScientificAmerican, CNN, and shiftBoston. His fabrication projects have been featured in exhibitions focused on the design process including Matter: design processes at the Bakery Design Collective in San Diego, California, and furniture featured at GreenHomeNYC s The new New York event. His professional experience in the field of architecture includes collaborations with Peter Eisenman, Rick Joy Architects, RCR Arquitectes, and Studio Luz. His studio is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Anthony Di Mari
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- First Published2014
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Content NoteColour photos throughout
- Weight170 g
- Width105 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.