Conditioning for Dance: Training for Peak Performance in All Dance Forms by Eric Franklin (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.95Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by literarypromoters
- Est. delivery by 2 Feb
- AU $42.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume features 102 imagery exercises paired with dance-specific exercises to help maximize body-mind conditioning and develop more fluid mobility, balance, and tension release. The book culminates with a 20-minute, full-body barre workout routine designed to help dancers warm up, condition, and refine their dance technique. You'll learn how to execute lifelong dance skills that give power without the risk of injuries. By working the muscles through movements and ranges of motion that approximate the demands of your chosen dance form, you directly enrich your performance capabilities. And as you strengthen the body's core, stretch to gain just the right amount of flexibility, and incorporate the power of the mind, you unleash your full artistic and physical potential.
- Author BiographyEric Franklin has more than 20 years' experience as a dancer and choreographer. In addition to earning a BFA from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts and a BS from the University of Zurich, he has studied and trained with some of the top movement imagery specialists around the world and used this training as a professional dancer in New York.Franklin has shared imaging techniques in his teaching since 1986. He is founder and director of the Institute for Movement Imagery Education and is a guest professor at the Universities of Bern, Vienna, Dresden Linz, and Salzburg. Most recently he has taught at the Royal Ballet School in London and at the Royal Academy of Dance in Dublin. Franklin has been on the faculty of the American Dance Festival since 1991 and teaches at universities, dance centers, and dance festivals in the United States and throughout Europe.Franklin is author of Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery and Dance Imagery for Technique and Performance. He also coauthored the bestselling book Breakdance, which received a New York City Public Library Prize in 1984. He is a member of the International Association of Dance Medicine and Science.Franklin lives near Zurich, Switzerland, with his wife, Gabriela, and their two children.
- Author(s)Eric Franklin
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note200 black & white illustrations, 168 black & white halftones
- Weight680 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.