Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionIf you've ever sat down to confer with a child and felt at a loss for what to say or how to help move him or her forward as a writer, this book is for you. If you are a strong teacher of writing but are t seeing results from your students, this book is for you. Authors Kristin Ackerman and Jennifer McDough have been teaching writing for several years and kw that conferring can be a murky and messy process-perhaps the hardest component of all. Written from the lessons they've learned through hard-won classroom experience-their mistakes and challenges-Conferring with Young Writers is based on what Kristin and Jen call the three Fs : frequency, focus, and follow-up. They've created a classroom management system that offers routine and structure for giving the most effective feedback in a writing conference. This book will help writing teachers-and students-learn to break down and utilize the qualities that enable good writing: elaboration, voice, structure, conventions, and focus. The authors also provide the kwledge and skills it takes to confer well, which will help you improve as a writing teacher and give your students the confidence to think of themselves as writers.
- Author BiographyJen and Kristin have been learning from young writers for more than thirty years combined. As classroom teachers and literacy coaches, they have worked in K-5 classrooms and learned how to help kids navigate the messy process of writing. They work as presenters and consultants, and they contribute articles to various websites and blogs. When they aren't teaching, writing, presenting, or chasing after their own kids, Jen and Kristin can be found drinking wine, eating chocolate, and training for half marathons.
- Author(s)Jennifer McDonough,Kristin Ackerman
- PublisherStenhouse Publishers
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationYork, Maine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStenhouse Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.