All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $28.97Free postage
- AU $32.66Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionConfessions of a Color-Blind House Painter, a collection of autobiographical writings by Selwyn Mills, offers an account of the author's life as well as his ruminations on painting, psychotherapy, friendship, romantic love, poetry, prison, philosophy, relationships and cats, among other topics. Mills split his professional life between two concurrent careers - he worked as a decorative painter in the mornings and led psychotherapy sessions in the afteron. Although these types of work might appear quite different, Mills describes how each profession deals with depression and renewal. He offers an eclectic collection of musings on various topics, each one weaving personal narrative with opinion and insight. Confessions of a Color-Blind House Painter reveals a portrait of a life made up of equal portions of intellectual, creative and emotional elements. Written in a roving style quite different from a straightforward autobiographical account, the book is intended to entertain and engage readers with a broad range of interests.
- Author BiographyDr. Mills did intensive research into the left/right brain phenomenon and its impact on personality development which lead to the discovery of why opposites attract. That eight year study with his associate Max Weisser (now diseased ) became the foundation for their acclaimed book. The Odd Couple Syndrome. He served an apprenticeship in decorative painting before starting his own painting business in 1956. He worked as a craftsman painter, wrote for the National Paint Journal, served as President of the National Painting Contractor Association in Nassau County, New York, and taught faux painting. While painting professionally, He earned a doctorate in psychology and operated a successful private psychotherapy practice.
- Author(s)Selwyn Mills
- Date of Publication19/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.