All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionUntil her twenties Nicole Hardy retained absolute belief in the Mormon faith she'd been brought up in. By her thirties, however, she was struggling with the way her religion exalted motherhood above all else as a woman's destiny. As a strong-willed, adventure-seeking, creative woman, Nicole found it impossible to meet a Mormon man who'd accept her hopes and desires. But it was also a struggle to meet other men who'd be happy to respect her faith and its tenets, including chastity before marriage. Confessions of a Latter-Day Virgin chronicles Nicole's attempts to reconcile her emotional and physical needs with her spiritual life, from flying around the country in order to meet men on a Mormon dating website to taking salsa classes and moving to an island where she became an enthusiastic scuba diver. A cross between Eat, Pray, Love and Mennite in a Little Black Dress, this witty, fascinating and entertaining memoir will resonate with anyone who's ever wanted to find a better balance between social acceptance and personal happiness.
- Author BiographyNicole Hardy is the author of two books of poetry, including This Blonde.
- Author(s)Nicole Hardy
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Out-of-print date27/02/2017
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.