All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNote to customers: This book is also available under the title You Can't Park There!: The Highs and Lows of an Air Ambulance Doctor . 'People get into this work for the juice , meaning the adrenaline rush, but they don't tell you about the other juices - the mud, blood, st and grot.' Confessions of an Air Ambulance Doctor is the first ever behind-the-scenes account of life onboard an air ambulance. The first of its kind to carry doctors and surgeons who can take the hospital to the patient. Drug addicts, lorry crashes, open-heart surgery, stab wounds, headless chickens, mating llamas, and strip routines - it's all in a day's work for emergency doctor Tony Bleetman and his team. Whether they are landing in the middle of the M1 or at a maximum security jail, Tony and his crew Helimed 999 are the first on the scene in the most critical of emergencies. This gripping read will make you laugh, cry and marvel at the wonders of life (and death) in equal measure.
- Author BiographyDr Tony Bleetman grew up in London and is a consultant in Emergency Medicine. A former Army medic he has been a volunteer Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) doctor for the last 10 years. He currently flies with the air ambulance unit in Bristol. In 2006, he won the National Life Saver Bravery Award in recognition of his services.
- Author(s)Tony Bleetman
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight218 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.