Confessions of an Event Planner: Case Studies from the Real World of Events - How to Handle the Unexpected and How to be a Master of Discretion by Judy Allen (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $52.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor anyone planning events--student, vice, or experienced professional--Confessions of an Event Planner is an apprenticeship in a book. This insider's guide takes you on a narrative journey, following a fictional event planning company that stages various types of events around the world for many different clients. While other books, college courses, and training programs give you the theory and how-to of the profession, Confessions of an Event Planner reveals the real world of event planning and what can happen--usually the unexpected--on an event program when actual participants are added to the event planning design and execution mix. In a climate of media scrutiny and corporate scandals, event planners must be masters of discretion, kwing how to avoid and deal with everything from sexual romps to financial shenanigans, to chainsaw wielding salesmen dead set on re-landscaping the grounds of the resort they're staying at. From an event planner who's seen it all and kws how to deal with it all, comes practical first-hand advice delivered in an entertaining and accessible format. Each chapter is set in a unique location, with a cast of characters, and a host of challenges and problems to overcome--from the boardroom to the resort guest bedrooms. Readers learn what they can come up against, how to problem solve creatively on the fly, get ideas for staging spectacular events, and see the principles of event planning in action. The scenario in each chapter is introduced by an outline of what will be covered in the chapter, and each chapter concludes with a series of review questions to explore key issues and stimulate reflection or discussion for individuals or groups. Ideal as a companion to Judy Allen's six other event planning books, as a textbook in event planning courses, or as a professional training tool Confessions of an Event Planner prepares planners for what they can expect once they start working in the world of corporate and social event planning, and will help decision-makers set company policies, procedures and protocol and promote discussion about codes of conduct in the office and offsite.
- Author BiographyJudy Allen is one of the world s leading authorities on staging, event and lifestyle design and the bestselling author of ten books for the professional, business and consumer markets. Allen, a master of creative design, has flawlessly executed successful special events corporate, social, and celebrity for up to 2,000 guests at a time in more than 30 countries around the world. She has designed and produced memorable events such as Disney s worldwide theatrical opening-night gala for Beauty and the Beast, and the orchestration of Oscar-winning director Norman Jewison s 25th anniversary celebration for Fiddler on the Roof. Highly skilled in staging events that are strategically designed to be one-of-kind experiences and a master of transforming the energy of an event environment by engaging the senses with trademark primary design principles, Allen has worked closely with CEOs, CFOs, presidents and their executive staff around the globe to create, implement and oversee their corporate and social business events. The many diverse events that Allen has designed and executed extend from complex one-day events to elaborate arrangements of theme productions taking place over the course of a week. These events ranged from very exclusive VIP events to multimillion-dollar, multimedia fantasy extravaganzas including seven new-car product launches and involved high-tech stage and show productions. Allen, and her 2jproductions ( www.2jproductions.com) partner, Joe Shane, are now bringing their dynamic creative energy, innovative style and perceptive insight to home, life and lifestyle design and world class resorts around the world through Sensual Home Living ( www.sensualhomeliving.com) and other initiatives.
- Author(s)Judy Allen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight572 g
- Width164 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.