All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensible text is your students' first point of reference when faced with a situation or dilemma of a legal nature regarding record keeping or confidentiality issues. Reflecting changes in policy and law and developments in practice since its last publication in 2008, this new edition has been expanded into 14 new and thoroughly revised chapters. New content includes: - The latest Data Protection Act guidance including data protection implications when working with techlogy and for online therapy - Greater content on sharing information, including sharing information in supervision, training, research, audit and, crucially, across professions - Expanded content on mental capacity with separate chapters for children and vulnerable adults - A new chapter on pre-trial therapy with adults and children, including Special Measures, Crown Prosecution Service guidance and victim support - A new chapter on practice dilemmas, providing advice and encouraging further discussion and reflection - The role of supervision and of the supervisor Using reflective questions, sample dilemmas and case scenarios throughout, the authors illustrate how to practically address the difficult confidentiality and record keeping issues that therapists regularly face. Current legal guidelines and frameworks are interspersed throughout the book which, along with revised disclosure checklists and links to useful organisations and contacts, ensure trainee and practising therapists are well versed in current best-practice.
- Author BiographyTim Bond is an Emeritus Professor of the University of Bristol and Visiting Professor to the University of Malta. He has a longstanding commitment to researching and writing about professional ethics for the talking therapies and promoting mental well-being. He is currently a consultant to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy on professional ethics and standards, a member of the Ethics Committee for the British Psychological Society and the Executive Council of the International Association for Counselling. He is a registered member of BACP and provides counselling supervision and training workshops.
- Author(s)Barbara Mitchels,Tim Bond
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleLegal Resources Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.