All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the backwoods town of Carthage, there isn't much to do but drink, sleep and shoot. John Warren is preparing for an early morning duck hunt when he hears two shotgun blasts. Only later does he learn they were the sound of Dan Roberts' death. Although it appears at first glance that the handsome young man killed himself, Warren and the police are smart eugh to realise that suicide victims seldom shoot twice. That night, a drunk woman calls Warren's house, offering a motive for the crime he didn't commit. Roberts was sleeping with Warren's wife - and he wasn't her only lover. Warren didn't kill Roberts but, as the rumours begin to swirl, he may wish that he had. In a town where every man is a crack shot, shooting a rival isn't murder. It's target practice.
- Author BiographyCharles Williams was one of the pre-eminent authors of American crime fiction. Many of his novels were adapted for the screen, such as Dead Calm and Don't Just Stand There!, for which Williams wrote the screenplay. He died in California in 1975.
- Author(s)Charles Williams
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.