All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn Conflict Zones, Janusz Bugajski enhances our understanding of the causes and consequences of the current conflicts in the North Caucasus and extrapolates likely scenarios in the region's development. He compares and contrasts conditions in the North Caucasus with the former Yugoslav federation in the Western Balkans, a multi-ethnic state structure that could t contain internally generated political and ethnic disputes. The book examines five major dimensions of the conflict:* Relations between the central federal government and the constituent republics* The importance of ethnic identity in intercommunal relations* The significance and impact of religious allegiance and radicalism* The destabilizing regional potential of emerging states* The role of outside powers in dampening or exacerbating conflictsThe study concludes with a number of recommendations for U.S. policymakers.
- Author BiographyJanusz Bugajski is a foreign policy analyst and author of 18 books on Europe, Russia, and trans-Atlantic relations. He is host of the television show Bugajski Hour , broadcast on Albanian Screen in Tirana, a nonresident senior associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a contributor to U.S. and European newspapers and journals, and a columnist for media outlets in Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Ukraine.
- Author(s)Janusz Bugajski
- PublisherThe Jamestown Foundation
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Jamestown Foundation
- Content Notemaps
- Weight295 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.