All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA favorite among successful students, and often recommended by professors, the unique Examples & Explanations series gives you extremely clear introductions to concepts followed by realistic examples that mirror those presented in the classroom throughout the semester. Use at the beginning and midway through the semester to deepen your understanding through clear explanations, corresponding hypothetical fact patterns, and analysis. Then use to study for finals by reviewing the hypotheticals as well as the structure and reasoning behind the accompanying analysis. Designed to complement your casebook, the trusted Examples & Explanations titles get right to the point in a conversational, often humorous style that helps you learn the material each step of the way and prepare for the exam at the end of the course. Clear, informal, and even humorous, Examples & Explanations: Conflicts of Law, 3E, explores all of the topics covered in Conflicts courses, including personal jurisdiction and the Erie doctrine. It provides full treatment of traditional and modern approaches to choice of law and proof of law, with up-to-date coverage of constitutional limits. Big-picture overviews and accurate statement rules are reinforced with concrete examples and test-taking tips. The powerful Examples & Explanations pedagogy works especially well for Conflict of Laws where students gain understanding of rules and policies by applying them to new fact patterns. Summaries of leading cases found in most casebooks and a modular organization allows easy adaptation to any course. The Third Edition adds new Supreme Court decisions, provides a new chapter on transfers and forum n conveniens, and adds coverage of the new European Union rules on inheritance and wills. Features:
- Updated coverage of marriage and constitutional rights after Obergefell decision legalizing same-sex marriage.
- Eliminates consideration of authorities and policy debates that are dated or inaccurate after Obergefell.
- Revises personal jurisdiction chapters adding Supreme Court cases clarifying general jurisdiction based on significant contacts.
- Adds chapter on transfer and forum n conveniens discussing Supreme Court cases.
- Revises explanations to incorporate latest law from appellate courts.
- Author(s)Michael H Hoffheimer
- PublisherAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleExamples & Explanations
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.