All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionTwo calamitous events occur that pave the way for the hostile beginnings of an assimilation process between the Greenland Norse settlers and the natives of Vinland. The first mixing of cultures occurs when a woman of the Northmen, Thora, and Deskaheh the Haudesaunee, marry. This union is accepted enthusiastically by the Northmen. For all the people of this land the way is rocky and fraught with danger at every turn, but an acceptance and friendship develops between the Northmen and the Naskapi, ather native tribe, over an affair of hour. Will this developing relationship allow the Northmen to remain in the homeland of the Naskapi, or are they doomed to failure? From the outset, the warriors of these various tribes violently resisted the incursion of the tall, pale-skinned invaders. The overwhelming numbers of the native peoples in Vinland hold the fate of the Northmen in their hands.
- Author BiographyJ. A. Hunsinger lives in Colorado, USA, with his wife Phyllis. He spends his time writing and promoting his series of books. Vinland Publishing published the first novel of his character-driven, historical fiction Axe of Iron series, Axe of Iron: The Settlers, on August 1, 2008. The second book of the series, Axe of Iron: Confrontation, was published in March 2010. The other four books of the series will follow annually. Although he has long been a writer, much of his adult life has been associated with commercial aviation, both in and out of the cockpit. As an Engineering Technical Writer for Honeywell Commercial Flight Systems Group, Phoenix, AZ, he authored two comprehensive pilots' manuals on aircraft computer guidance systems and several supplemental aircraft radar manuals. His manuals have been published and distributed worldwide to airline operators by Honeywell Engineering, Phoenix, AZ. His first published work for the general public, Flight Into Danger, appeared in Flying Magazine, (August 2002). Many of his articles have been featured in other periodicals and websites or are featured on his blog. http: //www.vinlandpublishing.blogspot.com/.
- Author(s)J. A. Hunsinger
- PublisherVinland Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication23/07/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLewes, DE
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVinland Publishing, LLC
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight416 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.