All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConfronting Discrimination and Inequality in China focuses on the most challenging areas of discrimination and inequality in China, including discrimination faced by HIV/AIDS afflicted individuals, rural populations, migrant workers, women, people with disabilities, and ethnic mirities. The Canadian contributors offer rich regional, national, and international perspectives on how constitutions, laws, policies, and practices, both in Canada and in other parts of the world, battle discrimination and the conflicts that rise out of it. The Chinese contributors include some of the most independent-minded scholars and practitioners in China. Their assessments of the challenges facing China in the areas of discrimination and inequality t only attest to their personal courage and intellectual freedom but also add an important perspective on this emerging superpower.
- Author BiographyErrol P. Mendes is professor of law at the University of Ottawa. He is the co-author or co-editor of five books, including Bridging the Global Divide on Human Rights: A China-Canada Dialogue (Ashgate, 2004), Between Crime and War: Terrorism, Democracy and the Constitution (Carswell, 2003), Global Governance, Economy and Law (Routledge, 2003), Towards a Fair Global Labour Market: Avoiding the New Slave Trade (Routledge, 1999), and the landmark constitutional law text The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Carswell, 1996). Sakunthala Srighanthan is the project officer for the Canadian International Development Agency funded Implementation of International Human Rights: Promoting Anti-Discrimination in China project at the Faculty of Common Law, University of Ottawa.
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight689 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byErrol P. Mendes,Sakunthala Srighanthan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.