All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a cultural study of New Wave cinema that considers the experience of modernity and modernization in Taiwan and mainland China. While following separate paths, Taiwan and China have rapidly modernized, ecomically and culturally, since 1949. Despite differences in the political, social and ecomic systems of these countries, the process of modernization in both have challenged traditional cultural rms. Tonglin Lu examines how differences in cultural formation between Taiwan and China have influenced reactions to modernity and how cultural identity has taken different forms on both sides of the Taiwan straits. She illustrates how these differences in the experience of modernity are expressed through analysis of paradigmatic films produced in both countries, with a particular emphasis on their formal experiments.
- Author(s)Tonglin Lu
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2001
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus.
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.