All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElite leaderships of Iran, Iraq and the US operate within a male-centric system of international relations. Iran and Iraq have been accused of suffering from a 'democracy deficit' but little attention is paid to how external states - often in the name of women's liberation - inflict collective punishments that severely restrict the political and ecomic participation of women in the Middle East. This book, written from the perspective of feminist international relations, demonstrates women's joint efforts to confront competing sections and shifting alliances of the international patriarchy. Authored by women with roots in the Middle East and the West, the chapters in this book give examples of resistance ranging from the Iranian March 8 Women's Organization, to a legal challenge led by feminist activists to the seemingly molithic power of the UN Security Council.
- Author BiographyPhilippa Winkler, PhD, teaches international relations at three US universities online. She has written a book and numerous articles in peer reviewed journals about US foreign policy in the Middle East, from the perspective of feminist international relations theory. She blogs at http://the-incessant-thinker.blogspot.com/. Her PhD in International Relations/Policy Studies is from the University of Bristol, UK. She is also a songwriter.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPhilippa Winkler
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.