All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChe Guevara's disappearance from Cuba in 1965 aroused much speculation. In preparation for the fateful Bolivian mission, Che led a secret Cuban force to aid the liberation movement in the Belgian Congo after Patrice Lumumba was assassinated there. Unpublished for decades because of its controversial content, this account of Che's lost year in Africa reflects his great literary gift, his characteristic insightfulness, his dry wit and his brutal honesty. Che's original manuscript has been revised and reviewed by Fidel Castro and Che's widow, Aleida March.
- Author BiographyErnesto Che Guevara was the legendary Latin American guerrilla fighter who joined the Cuban revolutionary movement that toppled the Batista dictatorship. He played a leading role in the early years of the Cuban revolution and made an extraordinary and original contribution to Marxist theory. He died at the hands of CIA assassins in Bolivia in 1967. Aleida Guevara is the eldest daughter of Ernesto Che Guevara and Aleida March. She works as a pediatrician in Havana and has been a prominent speaker at the World Social Forums.
- Author(s)Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
- PublisherOcean Press
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintOcean Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.