All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid Paul want his congregations to pick up the ministry of evangelism or did he envisage himself and other specialist proclaimers continuing the ministry of the gospel? Dr. Keown begins by outlining the contours of differing responses to this questions ranging from exclusively specialist evangelism to believers' full participation in evangelistic mission. He then explores the question through exegetical analysis of Philippians. He argues persuasively that one essential element of the rhetorical appeal of the letter is an injuction to the believers in Philippi to continue to preach the gospel with renewed unity and in the face of pagan opposition. He suggests that Paul envisaged specialist proclaimers leading the evangelistic mission and equipping general believers to share the gospel as one dimension of living in the world.
- Author BiographyGabrielle Thompson is the author of First 100 Bible Words.
- Author(s)Gabrielle Thompson
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight580 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.