All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reveals how the majority and mirity parties use procedural devices to achieve their political goals and offers an assessment of the role of conference committees in reconciling bicameral differences. Not shying away from the complexity of the topic, Oleszek and new co-authors Mark Oleszek, Elizabeth Rybicki, and William Heniff ensure that the machinations of Congress are understandable through an array of interesting examples, topical cases, and anecdotes that they are well-positioned to witness and experience first-hand.
- Author BiographyWalter J. Oleszek is a senior specialist in the legislative process at the Congressional Research Service. He has served as either a full-time professional staff aide or consultant to every major House and Senate congressional reorganization effort beginning with passage of the Legislative Reorganization Act of 1970. In 1993 he served as Policy Director of the Joint Committee on the Organization of Congress. A longtime adjunct faculty member at American University, Oleszek is a frequent lecturer to various academic, governmental, and business groups. He is the author or co-author of several books, including Congressional Procedures and the Policy Process, 9th ed. (2014), and Congress under Fire: Reform Politics and the Republican Majority, with C. Lawrence Evans (1997).
- Author(s)Elizabeth E. Rybicki,Mark J. Oleszek,Walter J. Oleszek,William A. Heniff
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.