All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformed by the scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL), Connected Science presents a new approach to college science education for the 21st century. This interdisciplinary approach stresses integrative learning and pedagogies that engage students through open-ended inquiry, compelling real-world questions, and data-rich experiences. Faculty from a variety of disciplines and institutions present case studies based on research in the classroom, offering insights into student learning goals and best practices in curriculum design. Synthetic chapters bring together themes from the case studies, present an overview of the connected science approach, and identify strategies and future challenges to help move this work forward.
- Author BiographyTricia A. Ferrett is Professor of Chemistry at Carleton College and founder and former director of the Carleton Interdisciplinary Science and Math Initiative. David R. Geelan is Senior Lecturer in Science Education at Griffith University, Australia. Whitney M. Schlegel is Associate Professor of Biology and Founding Director of the Human Biology Program at Indiana University. Joanne L. Stewart is Professor of Chemistry at Hope College.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleScholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight295 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid R. Geelan,Joanne L. Stewart,Tricia A. Ferrett,Whitney M. Schlegel
- Foreword byMary Taylor Huber,Pat Hutchings
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.