Connected: What Remains as We All Change by Wising Up Press (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCONNECTED: What Remains As We All Change? A Wising Up Anthology Heather Tosteson and Charles D. Brockett, Editors We talk about the need to connect intimately, but do we recognize connection when it's here or only in retrospect? Is a feeling of connection something we can will into being-or something that, like grace, surprises us when we least expect it? Does it bear any relation to what we imagined it would be? What, if anything, does it have to do with love? With time's continuousness and mutability? With our own? In this anthology, thirty-two talented writers invite us to explore with them, through story, memoir, and poetry, what remains as we all change-within families, between friends, between lovers, through childhood, adolescence, adulthood, career change, gender change, marriage, parenthood, divorce, illness, disability, and death. The writing here is strikingly mature-and lively-whether the writer is nineteen or ninety. Join, among others, a father wryly observing his grown son, wondering what links them both to the child he will never be again; a man cherishing his tie with an institutionalized brother; a woman exploring the complex, formative cross-racial bond she had with a childhood caretaker; women, friends since childhood, exploring what connects them w that their paths have diverged so greatly; a man with a severely disabled son puzzling the bonds he still has with his ex-wife; a wife of fifty years warily contemplating the advisability of an eternal marriage. CONTRIBUTORS: Cassandra J. Angelo, Pamela Arlov, Annabelle Baptista-Baumann, Gabriella Brand, Mark Brazaitis, William Cass, Susan K Chernilo, Carol V. Davis, Maureen Tolman Flannery, Judith Gille, Annette Van Veen Gippe, Janet Lunder Hanafin, Stephanie Hart, Suzanne Herman, Paul Hostovsky, Margaret Karmazin, Mitch Kellaway, J.S. Kierland, Sharon Leder, Lori Levy, Jane Miller, Felicia Mitchell, Carlos Reyes, Blanche Rosloff, Andrea Ross, Frank Salvidio, Maxine Silverman, J.J. Steinfeld, Mark Tarallo, Milton Teichman, Hannah Thomassen, James Vescovi.
- PublisherWising Up Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWising Up Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCharles D Brockett,Heather Tosteson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.