All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConnecting Networks Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Connecting Networks course in the Cisco(R) Networking Academy(R) CCNA(R) Routing and Switching curriculum. This course discusses the WAN techlogies and network services required by converged applications in a complex network. The course allows you to understand the selection criteria of network devices and WAN techlogies to meet network requirements. You will learn how to configure and troubleshoot network devices and resolve common issues with data link protocols. You will also develop the kwledge and skills needed to implement IPSec and virtual private network (VPN) operations in a complex network. The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time. The book's features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course: * Chapter objectives-Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter. * Key terms-Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter. * Glossary-Consult the comprehensive Glossary with 195 terms. * Summary of Activities and Labs-Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter. * Check Your Understanding-Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer. * How To-Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks. * Interactive Activities-Reinforce your understanding of topics with all the different exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon. * Videos-Watch the videos embedded within the online course. * Packet Tracer Activities-Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer exercises interspersed throughout the chapters. * Hands-on Labs-Work through all the course labs and Class Activities that are included in the course and published in the separate Lab Manual.
- Author BiographyRick Graziani teaches computer science and computer networking courses at Cabrillo College in Aptos, California. Prior to teaching, Rick worked in the informationtechnology field for Santa Cruz Operation, Tandem Computers, and Lockheed Missiles and Space Corporation. He holds an M.A. in Computer Science and Systems Theory from California State University Monterey Bay. Rick is also a member of the Curriculum Development team for the Cisco Networking Academy since 1999. Rick has authored multiple books for Cisco Press and multiple online courses for the Cisco Networking Academy. Rick is the author of the Cisco Press book IPv6 Fundamentals and has presented on IPv6 at several Cisco Academy conferences. He is the coauthor of the Cisco Press book Routing Protocols Companion Guide. When Rick is not working, he is most likely surfing at one of his favorite Santa Cruz surf breaks. Bob Vachon is a professor in the Computer Systems Technology program at Cambrian College in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, where he teaches networking infrastructure courses. He has over 30 years of work and teaching experience in the computer networking and information technology field. Since 2001, Bob has collaborated as team lead, lead author, and subject matter expert on various CCNA, CCNA-S, and CCNP projects for Cisco and the Cisco Networking Academy. He also authored the CCNA Accessing the WAN Companion Guide and the CCNA Security (640-554) Portable Command Guide. He is the coauthor of the Cisco Press book Routing Protocols Companion Guide. In his downtime, Bob enjoys playing the guitar, shooting darts or pool, and either working in his gardens or white-water canoe tripping.
- Author(s)Cisco Networking Academy
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCisco Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1220 g
- Width209 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.