Connections 500: Blackout; Eclipse; What are They Like?; Bassett; I'm Spilling My Heart Out Here; Gargantua; Children of Killers; Take Away; it Snows; the Musicians; Citizenship; Bedbug: 2016 by Katori Hall, Davey Anderson, Frantic Assembly, Simon Armitage, James Graham, Bryony Lavery, Snoo Wilson, Mark Ravenhill, Jackie Kay, Patrick Marber (Paperback, 2016)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing together the work of 12 leading playwrights, this National Theatre Connections anthology celebrates highlights from 21 years of the Connections festival with a retrospective selection of plays. Featuring work by some of the most prolific playwrights of the 20th and 21st centuries, and together in one volume, the anthology offers young performers between the ages of 13 and 19 an engaging selection of plays to perform, read or study. Each play has been specifically commissioned by the National Theatre's literary department over the years, with the young performer in mind. In 2016, these plays were then performed by approximately 500 schools and youth theatre companies across the UK and Ireland, in partnership with multiple professional partner regional theatres at which the works were showcased. The anthology contains all 12 of the play scripts; tes from the writer and director of each play, addressing the themes and ideas behind the play; and production tes and exercises for the drama groups. This year's anniversary anthology includes plays by So Wilson, Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt; Simon Armitage; Jackie Kay; Patrick Marber; Mark Ravenhill; Bryony Lavery & Frantic Assembly; Davey Anderson; James Graham; Katori Hall; Carl Grose; Stacey Gregg; and Lucinda Coxon.
- Author BiographyNational Theatre Connections is an annual festival which brings new plays for young people to schools and youth theatres across the UK and Ireland. Commissioning exciting work from leading playwrights, the festival exposes actors aged 13-19 to the world of professional theatre-making, giving them full control of a theatrical production - from costume and set design to stage management and marketing campaigns. Now in its 21st year, Connections has published over 150 original plays and works with 500 theatre companies and 10,000 young people each year.
- Author(s)Bryony Lavery,Davey Anderson,Frantic Assembly,Jackie Kay,James Graham,Katori Hall,Mark Ravenhill,Patrick Marber,Simon Armitage,Snoo Wilson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight587 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.