All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionGraph connectivities and submodular functions are two widely applied and fast developing fields of combinatorial optimization. This book t only includes the most recent results, but also highlights several surprising connections between diverse topics within combinatorial optimization. It offers a unified treatment of developments in the concepts and algorithmic methods of the area, starting from basic results on graphs, matroids and polyhedral combinatorics, through the advanced topics of connectivity issues of graphs and networks, to the abstract theory and applications of submodular optimization. Difficult theorems and algorithms are made accessible to graduate students in mathematics, computer science, operations research, informatics and communication. The book is t only a rich source of elegant material for an advanced course in combinatorial optimization, but it also serves as a reference for established researchers by providing efficient tools for applied areas like infocommunication, electric networks and structural rigidity.
- Author BiographyAndras Frank is the founder and head of the MTA-ELTE Egervary Research Group (EGRES) at Eotvos University. He was head of the Department of Operations Research at Eotvos University between 1995 and 2009. In 2002, he was awarded the Tibor Szele Prize by the Janos Bolyai Mathematical Society, and in 2009, the Cultural Ministry of Hungary awarded him the Szent-Gyorgyi Albert Prize.
- Author(s)Andras Frank
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/04/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Lecture Series in Mathematics & Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 38
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note21 line illustrations
- Weight1088 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.