All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn account of a journey through western Ireland made in 1984, fulfilling a childhood dream of a long-distance ride. The story centres on the growing bond between the author and her Connemara pony, Mollie and the many challenges that they face before the tragic conclusion in the mountains of Kerry. It is also a portrait of rural Ireland before the Celtic Tiger era, built up from conversations with the local people. The journey takes them through Counties Galway, Mayo, Clare and Kerry, the obstacles to their progress ranging from bogs, stone walls, and the River Shann. I've never tried hitchhiking with a horse before comments the author. It's t easy. She travelled with set route, extending her backpacking kwledge acquired in the Andes to horse packing, seeing the obvious advantage of climbing mountains on someone else's legs and using ather's back for the packing.
- Author BiographyHilary Bradt is well known as a writer of articles and guidebooks. This is her first narrative travel book.
- Author(s)Hilary Bradt
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication02/07/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Travel Literature)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Note8pp colour photos + 1 map
- Weight12 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.