All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionHeralded by Brazilians as the 'Father of Flight', Alberto Santos-Dumont made the first of several spectacular flights in his lighter-than-air dirigible in France in 1901, two years before the Wright brothers' first fixed-wing flight in North Carolina. Though they are often overlooked, Santos-Dumont and others in Latin America played a key role in the development of aviation. This generously illustrated book tells their story. Written to complement the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum's new permanent exhibit, America by Air, Conquistadors of the Sky celebrates the aviation achievements of twenty-one Latin American nations over the last 100 years - making this chronicle of heroic ventures and epic flights the best reference available on the subject.
- Author BiographyDan Hagedorn, senior curator with the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle and former adjunct curator for Latin American Aviation for the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum, is the author of fourteen previous books including Air Arsenal North America.
- Author(s)Dan Hagedorn
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note16 colour, 232 b/w photos
- Weight862 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.