All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConscientization and the Cultivation of Conscience constitutes a major contribution to the international literature on the work of Paulo Freire, one of the most influential educationalists of all time. It provides a fresh perspective on the Freirean tion of conscientization, rethinking this pivotal concept in the light of the history of ideas on conscience. The author offers a holistic, philosophical reading of Freire's texts and argues for the cultivation of conscience through love and dialogue. Such a reading, he suggests, allows us to better respond to the moral crises that face us in the age of global capitalism. The ideas advanced in this book have important implications for philosophical and cultural understanding and for educational theory and practice.
- Author BiographyKeqi (David) Liu received his M.Ed. with distinction and his PhD in education from the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. He now teaches philosophy of education and moral education at Lingnan Normal University in China.
- Author(s)Keqi Liu
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- Series TitleEducation and Struggle
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight430 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.