All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConscientization and the Cultivation of Conscience constitutes a major contribution to the international literature on the work of Paulo Freire, one of the most influential educationalists of all time. It provides a fresh perspective on the Freirean tion of conscientization, rethinking this pivotal concept in the light of the history of ideas on conscience. The author offers a holistic, philosophical reading of Freire's texts and argues for the cultivation of conscience through love and dialogue. Such a reading, he suggests, allows us to better respond to the moral crises that face us in the age of global capitalism. The ideas advanced in this book have important implications for philosophical and cultural understanding and for educational theory and practice.
- Author BiographyKeqi (David) Liu received his M.Ed. with distinction and his PhD in education from the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. He now teaches philosophy of education and moral education at Lingnan Normal University in China.
- Author(s)Keqi Liu
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- Series TitleEducation and Struggle Narrative, Dialogue and the Political Production of Meaning
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight300 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.