All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOpen Your Heart to a Life Filled with Abundance, Free of the Fear of DeathConscious Aging is an unforgettable learning session with Ram Dass, the former Harvard professor whose teachings about love, compassion, and sacrifice have received international acclaim. On this live recording, Ram Dass brings into focus one of the great issues of our day: the fear of aging and death. Carefully examining both Eastern and Western spiritual traditions, he offers wisdom tempered with reality. His point when you lose your fear of death, you gain a love for life holds profound meaning for the young and old. Here is a spiritual discussion about moving beyond our youth-fixated culture, to a place where we can see clearly that the final years of life can be just as creative and fulfilling as the early years.Conscious Aging is a masterwork that will speak to you personally about living each day with an open heart, kwing that the most incredible stage of your experience has yet to come.
- Author BiographyRam DassRam Dass first went to India in 1967. He was still Dr. Richard Alpert, an already eminent Harvard psychologist and psychedelic pioneer with Dr.Timothy Leary. He continued his psychedelic research until that fateful Eastern trip in 1967, when he traveled to India. In India, he met his guru, Neem Karoli Baba, affectionately known as Maharaj-ji. Maharaj-ji gave Ram Dass his name, which means servant of God. Everything changed then his intense dharmic life started, and he became a pivotal influence on a culture that has reverberated with the words Be Here Now ever since. Be Here Now, Ram Dass s monumentally influential and seminal work, still stands as the highly readable centerpiece of Western articulation of Eastern philosophy, and how to live joyously 100 percent of the time in the present, luminous or mundane. Be Here Now continues to be the instruction manual of choice for generations of spiritual seekers. Forty years later, it s still part of the timeless present. Being here now is still being here now. Ram Dass now resides on Maui, where he shares satsang, kirtan, and where he can amplify the healing process in the air and waters of Hawaii. His work continues to be a path of teaching and inspiration to so many. Ram Dass s spirit has been a guiding light for three generations, carrying along millions on the journey, helping free them from their bonds as he has worked his way through his own.
- Author(s)Ram Dass
- PublisherSounds True
- Date of Publication28/02/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True
- Weight68 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time150
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.16New
- AU $18.16New
- AU $31.48New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.23Trending at AU $49.10
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.18
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $27.76Trending at AU $50.64
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $41.06
- AU $17.69Trending at AU $22.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.