All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore and more business leaders are catching on to an often-overlooked fact: consciousness is our basic faculty for survival and success. Without it, we forget what's important to us and lose sight of the steps we might take to reach those goals. Conscious Business, explains Fred Kofman, means shining this awareness on every area of your work: in recognizing the needs of others and expressing your own, in seeing the hidden emotional obstacles that may be holding your team back, in making good decisions under pressure and even in delving into such spiritual questions as Who am I? and What is my real purpose here? With Conscious Business , you hold the definitive resource for maximizing profit and potential in the workplace and beyond. This title is also available as a hardback book.
- Author BiographyFred Kofman is Axialent's co-founder and President. An extraordinary teacher, Fred awakens people to act with greater responsibility, integrity and courage; his ideas combine philosophical depth with practical applicability. He has created and taught programs in leadership, personal mastery, team learning, organizational effectiveness and coaching for more than 15,000 participants. His clients include leaders such as Microsoft, Shell, Yahoo! and General Motors. Fred holds a Ph.D in economics from the University of California at Berkeley, where he was distinguished as outstanding instructor. He worked as an assistant professor of Management Accounting and Control Systems at MIT's Sloan School of Management, where he received the Teacher of the Year award in 1992. At MIT, he was also a senior researcher at the Organizational Learning Center, where he worked with Peter Senge. He is a founding member of the Business Branch of the Integral Institute, where he works with Ken Wilber. He is also a member of the Dharma Ocean Foundation, an organization devoted to meditation practice led by Reginald Ray. Fred has led seminars in the U.S., Europe, South America and Asia and presented his research at MIT's Sloan School, Harvard University's Economic Department, Harvard Business School, the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, the University of California at Los Angeles and Berkeley, The London School of Economics, the University of Tel Aviv, Universidad de Barcelona, Nanyang Technological Institute of Singapore, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires, and Universidad Francisco Marroquon. He also teaches in Naropa University and the University of Notre Dame's Executive MBA and non-degree executive education programs. His work has appeared in several publications including The Fifth Discipline Field Book, The Journal of Organizational Dynamics, Management Science and Econometrica. He is the author of the trilogy Metamanagement (Granica, 2001) and the audio program Conscious Business (Sounds True, 2002). Beyond his work, Fred enjoys traveling and outdoor activities, having run nine marathons, climbed Aconcagua, Kilimanjaro and Mt. Kenya, heli-skied in the Bugaboos and the Himalayas, scuba-dived in the Caribbean, and trekked for several weeks in Nepal and Thailand. Fred lives with his wife and six children in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Fred Kofman
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2007
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Out-of-print date04/11/2016
- Weight109 g
- Width136 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Running Time195
- Edition Statementabridged edition
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.