All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who cares for children needs to attend to the essential message of this book: that the first two years are the most crucial time in a child's education and development, and that children learn to be healthy and whole by living with healthy, whole adults. Conscious parenting, says author and child-advocate Lee Lozowick, includes love, affection and life-positive boundaries for our children, and requires honesty, generosity, compassion and common sense from parents and caregivers. Parental role-modelling is the most essential component, the author affirms, since we can't give our kids what we don't have ourselves. Lozowick invites parents and educators to examine areas of selfishness, igrance and unconsciousness in their own lives, pointing out how these can jeopardise a child's well-being. While the book is t based in a sectarian religious philosophy, the author, a respected spiritual teacher, presents a strong case for making parenting a substantial part of one's spiritual practice throughout the child-raising years. This is t your run-of-the-mill parenting book. Lee Lozowick decries the status quo of much contemporary thinking and practice about who children are and what they really need. His words have common-sense appeal, but offer sweet consolation to those who are unwilling to make their parenting responsibilities a top priority in their lives. The book begins with a discussion of conscious conception and continues with a treatment of conscious pregnancy, birth and bonding. Lozowick, like so many other child advocates, stresses the importance of breastfeeding and keeping the infant in arms especially in the first two years of life. Giving children this optimal start is absolutely vital to their mental, emotional and physical health and well-being. Later chapters include such relevant topics as honesty in our communication with children; our use of language as the descriptor of reality; an holistic context of education and the home-schooling alternative; and play, emotions, and energy management. Children are like sponges Lozowick writes and what they pick up will influence how they grow up, which in turn will have effects on the world-at-large that we can't possibly imagine; one's relationship to children has an impact on many levels of existence. Conscious parenting, then, is t only about the welfare of an individual, but more about the well-being of the Earth.
- Author BiographyLee Lozowick has been teaching in the Western Baul tradition for over thirty years. He is the spiritual son of Yogi Ramsuratkumar, the Godchild of Tiruvannamalai, South India (1918-2001). Lee is also a poet and lyricist. He occasionally offers seminars in North America and Europe on spiritual life, relationships and parenting.
- Author(s)Lee Lozowick
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Weight364 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementRevised Edition with New Material
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.