All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the last five years philosopher Galen Strawson has provoked a mixture of shock and scepticism with his carefully argued case that physicalism (the view that every real, concrete phemen in the universe is physical) entails panpsychism (the view that the existence of every real concrete thing involves experiential being). In this book Strawson provides the fullest and most careful statement of his position to date, throwing down the gauntlet to his critics - including Peter Carruthers, Frank Jackson, David Rosenthal and J.J.C. Smart - by inviting them to respond in print. The book concludes with Strawson's response to his commentators. Galen Strawson's books include Mental Reality, The Self? and Freedom and Belief.
- Author BiographyGalen Strawson is professor of philosophy at CUNY Graduate Center and the University of Reading. His books include Mental Reality, The Self? and Freedom and Belief.
- Author(s)Galen Strawson
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication24/10/2006
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight403 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byAnthony Freeman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.