All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis interdisciplinary study of the disruptions threatening aquatic systems in Africa provides a continent-wide perspective on multidimensional environmental problems in the context of a rapidly expanding human population. Contributors confront both local and international water resource issues in Africa, illustrate commonalities among countries, and examine varied approaches used to solve water resource management problems. Linking social and natural sciences in diverse environmental and social settings at different scales of analysis (historical, regional, and ecosystem), the contributors identify regional issues and detect generalities to provide a baseline for decision making in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyThomas L. Crisman is professor of environmental engineering at the University of Florida and director of the Center for Wetlands. Lauren Chapman is associate professor of zoology at the University of Florida. Colin A. Chapman is associate professor of zoology at the University of Florida. Les S. Kaufman is associate professor of biology at Boston University.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication31/05/2003
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note54 b&w figures, 59 tables, notes, index
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byA. Chapman,Lauren J. Chapman,Les S. Kaufman,Thomas L. Crisman,etc.
- Foreword byGraeme Pattison
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.