All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConservation Planning: Shaping the Future is a collection of contributed chapters that show how working scientists develop conservation plans using the best available scientific methods, data, and techlogy. Bringing a conservation focus to land management and planning, the authors show how planners creating human developments can still preserve healthy ecosystems for native wildlife by protecting habitat for key species. The book includes discussions on umbrella species, terrestrial and aquatic habitat suitability, conservation linkages, population viability, site selection, land-use trends, climate-change trends, and decision making for long-term conservation planning. Conservation Planning: Shaping the Future is valuable for those interested in creating balanced and functional landscapes while preserving the natural environment.
- Author BiographyLance Craighead, the executive director of the Craighead Institute, works to enable humans to coexist with other species in sustainable landscapes using the best available science and technology. He has a PhD in biological sciences from Montana State University.Charles Convis, a field ecologist, is the Esri Conservation Program manager. He manages an international program providing geographic information system (GIS) software, hardware, training, and special support services to more than four thousand conservation organizations. He is also the founder of the Society for Conservation GIS (SCGIS), an international nonprofit organization of more than a thousand conservation professionals.
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintESRI Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1569 g
- Width213 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.