All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a practical, state-of-the-art sourcebook for contractors and homeowners involved in maintaining and restoring historic buildings, as well as a technical desktop reference for all practising architects, engineers, specifiers, building managers, and architecture students. Each chapter is devoted to practical procedures for conserving historic buildings and building materials, and includes step-by-step procedures for conducting a structural building survey. Building materials of wood, stone, ceramic, masonry and metalwork, slate roofing, architectural glass, paints and costings, and foundations and footings are covered. The book describes the characteristics and compositions of building materials, reasons for deterioration, and offers step-by-step reviews of sensitive and state-of-the-art conservation methods.
- Author BiographyMARTIN E. WEAVER is Director of the Center for Preservation Research at Columbia University's Graduate School of Architecture Planning and Research in New York City. He has been a practicing restoration and conservation architect and educator for over 30 years, with experience in Europe, Canada, and the United States.
- Author(s)Martin E. Weaver
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/1997
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitlePreservation Press Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note188 photographs, line drawings
- Weight693 g
- Width218 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.