All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book comprehensively addresses the ecomic, social and institutional difficulties in conserving biodiversity and the ecosystem services that it provides. It covers a wide range of issues such as biodiversity, ecosystem services and valuation in the context of diverse ecosystems such as tropical forests, marine areas, wetlands and agricultural landscapes, n-timber forest products, incentives and institutions, payments for ecosystem services, governance, intellectual property rights and the protection of traditional kwledge, management of protected areas, and climate change and biodiversity. It also covers the application of environmental ecomics and institutional ecomics to different cases and the use of techniques such as contingent valuation method and game theory. The book spans the globe with case studies drawn from a cross section of regions and continents including the UK, US, Europe, Australia, India, Africa and South America.
- Author BiographyK. N. Ninan is Professor of Ecological Economics at the Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore, India, and Visiting Professor, Donald Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFigures, index
- Weight692 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byK. N. Ninan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.