All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
About this product
- DescriptionGalicia, Austria-Hungary, 1913. In the castle of a frontier town, on the border between Europe and the East, the worldly, corrupt Count-Goverr Wiladowski watches helplessly while a wave of assassinations sweeps the Empire. When a member of his own family is murdered, the Count gives broad police powers to his spymaster, Jacob Tausk, a brilliant young jew whose ruthless war on terror extends into every corner of the province and beyond. Michael Andre Bernstein's compelling first vel evokes a densely believable world on the edge of collapse, full of haunting suggestiveness of a fable or a nightmare and the erotic, mystical and apocalyptic passions of the age.
- Author BiographyMichael Andre Bernstein was raised and educated in Europe, Canada and the United States. He is a frequent contributor to the Times Literary Supplement, the Los Angeles Times Book Review and The New Republic.
- Author(s)Michael Andre Bernstein
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication19/01/2006
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight405 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.