Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Constable's Hay Wain is probably the most popular of all British paintings, and Constable is loved and revered as the early-nineteenth-century artist who first painted the fresh beauty of the verdant English countryside. Michael Rosenthal clears away the myths to reveal the aims and motives behind the paintings, showing how and why they changed so dramatically, in intentions and appearance, throughout a career which never proceeded smoothly, and which was remarkable for its singular dedication to the art of the painting. From sketchy to finished, from minutely detailed to expressionistic, Constable's paintings, watercolors and drawings are discussed against the background of one of the more turbulent periods of British history and integrated with their broader cultural milieu. 191 illus., 48 in color.
- Author(s)Michael Rosenthal
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/1987
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleWorld of Art S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note191 illustrations, 48 in colour
- Weight470 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.