All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Indian Supreme Court, the South African Constitutional Court and the Colombian Constitutional Court have been among the most important and creative courts in the Global South. In Asia, Africa and Latin America, they are seen as activist tribunals that have contributed (or attempted to contribute) to the structural transformation of the public and private spheres of their countries. The cases issued by these courts are creating a constitutionalism of the Global South. This book addresses in a direct and detailed way the jurisprudence of these Courts on three key topics: access to justice, cultural diversity and socioecomic rights. This volume is a valuable contribution to the discussion about the contours and structure of contemporary constitutionalism. It makes explicit that this discussion has interlocutors both in the Global South and Global North while showing the common discourse between them and the differences on how they interpret and solve key constitutional problems.
- Author BiographyDaniel Bonilla is Distinguished Leitner Center Visiting Professor at Fordham Law School and Associate Professor of Law at the Universidad de los Andes in Bogota, Colombia. He received his JSD and LLM from Yale Law School. He has been a visiting professor or lecturer at a number of institutions, including Yale Law School, Onati International Institute for the Sociology of Law, Fordham Law School, University of Texas School of Law, Georgia State University College of Law and Universidad Nacional de Colombia. His recent publications include La funcion social de la propiedad (2012), Democracia, derecho y economia de mercado (2010) and Teoria del derecho y transplantes juridicos (2009). He is the recipient of a Fulbright Fellowship and several awards for excellence in teaching.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDaniel Bonilla Maldonado
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.