All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConstructing Vernacular Culture in the Trans-Caribbean traces the contradictory cultural trajectories constructed and re-produced in the fluid diasporic spaces we call the Trans-Caribbean. Particular emphasis is placed on such cultural expressions that reflect or derive from the cultural vernacular and popular culture as it exists in these spaces. Its multidisciplinary approach and focus on different language areas in the Trans-Caribbean are of particular interest to scholars in cultural studies, migration, literary theory, and cultural criticism.
- Author BiographyHolger W. Henke is assistant professor of political science at Metropolitan College of New York and editor of Crossing Over: Comparing Recent Migration in the United States and Europe (Lexington 2005). Karl-Heinz Magister is a researcher at the Center for Literary Studies in Berlin.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication13/11/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCaribbean Studies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byHolger Henke,Karl-Heinz Magister
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.