All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the first comprehensive text on construction biomaterials and bioprocesses. It details aspects of construction biotechlogy, a new interdisciplinary area involving applications of environmental and industrial microbiology and biotechlogy in geotechnical and civil engineering. It also critically reviews all existing and potential construction biotechlogy processes. It discusses a number of topics including the biotechlogical production of new construction materials such as self-healing concrete, construction biocomposites, construction bioplastics, and biotechlogical admixtures to cement. It also addresses construction-related processes like biocementation, bioclogging, soil surface fixation and biosealing, microbial cements and grouts, the biocoating of construction material surfaces, the microbiology and biosafety of the construction environment, the prevention of biocorrosion as well as biodeterioration and biofouling in civil engineering. Biomediated precipitation of calcium, magnesium, and iron compounds as carbonates, phosphates, sulphides, and silicate minerals in soil for its clogging and strengthening are considered from geotechnical, chemical, and microbiological points of view. It offers an overview of the basic microbiology that will enable civil engineers to perform the construction biogeochemical processes. Design principles and considerations for different field implementations are discussed from a practical point of view. The book can be used as a textbook for graduate and senior undergraduate students in biotechlogy, civil engineering and environmental engineering as well as a reference book for researchers and practitioners working in this new interdisciplinary area.
- Author BiographyVolodymyr Ivanov received his PhD and Doctor of Sciences degrees in microbiology and biotechnology at the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. His professional experience includes 30 years of graduate and post-graduate teaching and research in microbiology and biotechnology at the universities of Ukraine, Thailand, South Korea, Singapore, and USA. He has published over 190 papers, 8 patents, and over 20 book chapters and monographs on microbial physiology, environmental and construction microbiology and biotechnology. His major scientific achievements are the theory of physiological dualism of a growing cell existing in both exotropic and endotrophic states, revealing of a multicellular bacterial granule as a proto-organism, periodic table of physiological classification of prokaryotes, and establishing Construction Biotechnology as a new scientific discipline.
- Author(s)Viktor Stabnikov,Volodymyr Ivanov
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, 44 colour illustrations, 50 black & white tables, biography
- Weight672 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.