All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConstruction Matters examines specific techlogies that experienced major transformations in the last century, or were newly invented. The architectural application of this invention is then analysed with building case studies that are selected based on an obvious formal relationship between the building's form and the new type of construction that it incorporates. Above all, Construction Matters is a celebration of both the physical and metaphysical aspects of building, through both photographs and text.
- Author BiographyGeorg Windeck is an architect, educator, and researcher. He is licensed in Berlin and New York, and his broad range of activities also includes urban planning and historic preservation. He received his Diplom-Ingenieur in Architecture with distinction at the Technische Universitӓt Berlin and also studied sculpture at the Hochschule der Kunste. Windeck is an Associate Professor at The Cooper Union, and also teaches at the School of Visual Arts, New York. Lisa Larson-Walker is a visual artist, writer, and photo editor. She has worked atNewsweek, the Daily Beast, and Slate. She is an alumna of The School of Art of The Cooper Union, currently living in Brooklyn. Sean Gaffney is an architectural designer living and working in New York. He is a graduate of The Cooper Union, where he received a Menschel Grant for his thesis project and is now a visiting critic. Will Shapiro received his Bachelor of Architecture from The Cooper Union. Recently he developed modeling software that allows users to understand how the structures they design react to forces in real time.
- Author(s)Georg Windeck,Lisa Larson-Walker,Sean Gaffney
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight1098 g
- Width199 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.